Monday 5 February 2018

February Flimsy

Another one for the 'To Quilt' page and no.4 for Finishing Stitches.

Outside

Inside on a queen bed

Close up

I started this quilt 10+ years ago and worked on it again 5 years ago not knowing how I wanted to finish it. My first idea for the inner border was a tone on tone solid fabric, then when I played with it last week, a piano keys border came to mind and so it was to be.

Next 'in pieces quilt' will be ....... Calendar Quilt - commenced January 2009


Happy UFOing

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful flimsy Narelle. Love your calendar quilt. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Narelle lovely flimsy,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the horse quilt looks really good with the piano keys.... well done and the next one looks fun too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly Narelle... all this industry at your sewing machine! Great work & I hope you are feeling very satisfied to be making this type of progress on these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful finish Narelle!!
    love the calendar blocks...I remember you making them. Great they will soon be a top
    you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing when one thing that wqs holding you back gets resolved and you can get cracking again. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done!! Looks fantastic... um.. the calendar quilt from 2009 sounds familiar.. I think I might have started that????!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete