Wednesday 8 June 2011

UFO Thursday

(I'm getting a head start as I won't have computer time tomorrow and  when I set this post to publish at a later date and time it didn't want to work.)

 
Another UFO Thursday rolls around and I have made more progress on the log cabin quilt. I finished joining the groups of 6 blocks and now have to get the hand stitching done on the backs.


My next step will be to join top, middle and bottom so that I'll have two halves. This way I'll only have one long seem down the centre to 'struggle' with. So that it fits a king bed I'll need to add borders on two sides and across the bottom but I'm still looking for the 'right' border fabric. Maybe one day I'll have all the fabric required before I start a quilt :)

Happy UFO Thursday

10 comments:

  1. it looks great Narelle and congrats on your win at stitchingcubbyhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it looks great, Nell! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to work on mine a bit tonight after tea. Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is looking absolutely gorgeous!! I am very tempted to put one like this on my 'to do' list!! Those browns just meld together into a delightfully chocolate 'layer cake' don't they?! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic!
    Where would the fun be if you started a project with all the fabric you needed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Narelle. Has me thinking about chocolate! Why change a system that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic Narelle...and I don't think you should have the border fabric BEFORE it's finished...sometimes..well most times...the quilt will tell you what it wants! I love log cabin blocks.. they ALWAYS look great! Well done :)
    Oh and I need your postal address too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Narelle,

    Love the design of your quilt. Good luck with the finish.
    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is looking so good. Love the geometric look of log cabins. Just look so smart. Can't wait to see the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It looks fantastic. Great progress! I nearly missed your posts, still have Nell's notions on the bloglist. Look forward to catching up Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking might fine there Narelle! Mighty fine! 8-)

    ReplyDelete