Sunday 29 August 2010

Ups and Downs

Life presents us with 'Ups' and 'Downs' and my family has recently been going through a down time, hence my absence.

However I have been stitching away at a project and only yesterday got the sewing machine out and finished the sewing on this quilting bag. My large cutting mat will fit nicely inside with two pockets on the front for some rulers. I started it orginally in a workshop.


A close-up of the stitchery on the two pockets. The gorgeous fabric is a 'Vine Creek' Jelly Roll which I was lucky enough to win from the lovely Fiona of Mothers Cupboard back in September 09. I'm very pleased with my new bag.



In between stitching, I've been doing a little knitting with a ball of wool I purchased end July, early August?

Ta-da! The softest most cuddly scarf that I will be able to appreciate next winter now.
These two along with my round pincushion make three finishes for August OPAM.
Spring is just around the corner and although I pruned my roses too early, they've made it through the cold and have many buds almost ready to share. Perhaps my hexie garden will have more blooms soon also.
Happy Creating.

11 comments:

  1. I hope all is well with you now. Your bag and scarf turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of these a few years back...and yes it is the most cuddly scarf ever...I went crazy when the wool first came out...still have some balls here I must make into more scarves...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that your family is in a down period. Hope it's cope able.
    I love the bag, and the stitichery. It's such a lovely bag. And the scarf reminds me it's getting time to look at my fall and winter clothes..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Narelle....both finishes are just gorgeous...congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf looks so snuggly. Lovely bag!
    How tempting is that pincushion swap?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things are on the up for you and your family now.I love your bag and your scarf If you would like some wool I will send you some if you look on my blog you will see why I have lots of it?Just email me.

    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Narelle, the bag is just gorgeous as well as your scarf ,congratulations on the finishes and I sure hope things smooth out for you real soon .

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bag is beautiful, lovely stitchery.......hope you get some ups in your life........

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have been busy....
    the bag is so pretty...and your scarf...I love that wool feel...so cuddly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you've been having a down time. I hope things are looking up for you now.
    The bag is lovely and I love the scarf. What wool did you use, I don't do any knitting but I might ask my cousin to make me one.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the 'up' comes soon Narelle!
    Top of my list is a cutting mat bag....love yours! Stitchery is beautiful
    Sugary hugs to you my friend
    XX Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete