Thursday 1 July 2010

Flying Visit

That is to say, here I am making a flying visit to blogland. Just enough time to give a quick report on June 30 which not only was the 5th Wednesday for June, but also the last day for obtaining my PhD.

Originally I listed 3 Projects Half Done or PhD's to be completed by June 30.

#1. Pond Play - Completed Top


#2. Wonky Houses - 1/3 quilted. With 5 days to go I thought I had plenty of time to sandwich, quilt and bind. But alas life stepped in once more and ... so near yet so far.

Notice the little houses on the border fabric? I'm quilting a vine all over.


#3. Log Cabin Quilt - I did get the 36 blocks all pieced and quilted-as-you-go but they're still waiting to be joined.
I'd like to thank Myra for introducing the concept because I'm pretty sure that without the challenge, #1 and #2 wouldn't have made it this far even.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Now onto One Flower Wednesday.
The Purple/Orange flower was for the 4th Wednesday of June.
As yesterday had to be a town day I took my hexie tin with me and managed to squeeze in 2 flowers inbetween all the shopping and travelling.

I may not have the time to go visiting just yet but I will eventually... Keep Gardening.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Narelle and lots of other wonderful projects. Busy, busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Narelle! Ya done good there girl!!! lol!
    Thanks for taking part in my challenge, and good luck in my giveaway!
    Your flowers are looking great! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy! I thought you had escaped for the holidays at least you are getting craftiness happening.
    Well done.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy girl ! All beauties , well done !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have fallen in love with your purple flower ...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a busy bee! Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice the arrangement of the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty flowers, all of your projects are lovely - I have Jennie's Wonky Houses in my 'to be stitched' folder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the house fabric!! What a find! Perfect for the border. :-)
    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete