Tuesday 6 April 2010

Birthday Goodies

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter break spent with loved ones or just relaxing doing what makes you happy.

I'm a little behind the times but here are some gifts from my birthday. DD remembered my hinting and gave me this cake stand so we promptly made a batch of patty cakes to test it out.


BF Kerry is helping my stash grow with these two fat 1/4's and keeping my caffine intake up with this very clever mug. It reads "a clean house is a sign of a wasted life". One of the fat 1/4's also has sayings such as "if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun!" and "a clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine".


Being part of Maree's Birthday Fat 1/4 Swap is a lovely way to meet new friends and receive lovely fabrics and treats. Here are the gorgeous fat 1/4's I received from the beautiful ladies in my group. A big thankyou to Shari, Lise, Sheryl, Sandy, Karin and Laurie.


I had to include the pretty cards too.


So with a birthday closely followed by Easter, I must admit that I've had just a little too much chocolate lately, but I'm not complaining.
We've spent the last couple of days carrying out major garden maintenance so my body is less than co-operative today, think I might have an indoors day today.


10 comments:

  1. What super Birthday gifts!
    Sounds like you enjoyed it!
    I love those sayings on the mug and fabric-Words to live by. Do you think they would look good as a tattoo? lol.
    cheers
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Narelle,
    great gifts...love the sayings..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you received some great gifts....


    Sandy N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Narelle - love the cupcake stand!
    Hugs -Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Narelle.you received some nice gifts I will be over for A cuppa And some of them cup cakes lol.
    hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds likea great Birthday love the fabric.
    Hugs Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still catching up on blogs...Glad to see all your fat 1/4 arrived safely for your Birthday...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cake stand Narelle! A happy belated birthday to you indeed!!!

    Lots of wonder birthday goodies you've received! Good for you! 8-)

    Hope you are enjoying some wonderful weather out your way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy birthday wishes Narelle.

    Love the cake stand and what's on it.

    Your birthday fq's look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your birthday is VERY near mine! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete