Friday 10 April 2009

Happy Easter and Reveals

First of all, Happy Easter to one and all. May your Easter break be spent with loved ones.
*
Now I can reveal the Easter Basket in my header. It's a Bronwyn Hayes (Red Brolly) pattern that I purchased while on our shopping trip in January.
*
Thankyou to the lovely Julie who organized this Easter Swap at the end of last year. I thought that this little basket with an easter theme would make a lovely gift for Lurline. I also added a few other goodies . . . choc eggs of course . . . a little flower tape measure and a wrist pincushion which I found the instructions for here. You'll need to scroll down to Sunday Sept 14.

I hope I wasn't too cheeky displaying it as my header pic before it found it's new home.
*
Meanwhile, these lovely tweets . . . treats . . . arrived in my mailbox all the way from Mel.

The cute chicken is my dining table centre piece, the ribbon is stashed and those Debbie Mumm garden gloves and way to pretty to dirty in the garden. I'll be showing those off while I'm machine quilting at our next patchwork day.

Also, wrapped very carefully was this fancy bird feeder. Thanks Mel, and happy easter.
*
Last but not least, I can now reveal my monochromatic quilt for the 4SQS5. A special treat for me as the recipient was my good friend Kerry. I was a bit naughty by pointing out to her, other lovely quilts on various blogs, suggesting that this one or that one could be making their way to her. All the while secretly making this one for her. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it for you.
I must thank Margaret for her patience as illness had me running behind the deadline. However I was able to hand deliver so that saved some time not relying on mailing.
*
I have also been able to complete the first block of Red Delicious and have the second block ready for hand sewing at night. Pictures next post. I'm off to crank up the vacuum cleaner for some long overdue housework.
*
Happy Sewing

7 comments:

  1. Very cute easter basket. Lurline will love it. And nice prezzies you have received too.

    happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love it everyone - and it is all mine! I will treasure it forever - thanks, Narelle!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Basket! I had to come over after checking in on Lurline! I don't think it is cheeky to have it in the header at all...perfect for the season! Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lurline is one lucky girl. LOVE that basket...will have to sus out where I can get the pattern from. Hugs Khris in South Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely site you have here! The basket you made for your Easter Swap is beautiful!
    I have added myself as a Follower of your site. Hope you will stop by and visit my site sometime.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete