Tuesday 3 March 2009

A Bit of Fun

I was catching up with Gina's blog the other day and she had an alphabet meme for the letter 'T'. It looked like fun so I asked if I could play along.

So Gina assigned me the letter 'M'. Here is my 10 things I love that start with this letter.

1. In a blink of an eye, Mocha Coffee jumped into my head. I can't start the day until I've had one of these. I have one of those senseo coffee machines and this is my ritual morning starter.

2. Malaysian Curry. I came across the recipe about 10 years ago and DD adopted it as her special dish. When she was 12years old, her class made a recipe book and this was her contribution. She's now almost 20 and still makes malaysian curry when ever she's home from Uni.

3. Marshmellows. I don't mind them stuck on the end of a stick and toasted over an open flame. I also love them melting on the top of a hot milo on a cold winters' night.

4. M & M's. Mmmmmmmmm! The mini ones in the snap packs make great little treats in the kids lunch boxes and also for mums who need that little chocolate fix during a big day at work.


5. Mother's Day. Usually means breakfast in bed . . . new slippers for the coming winter . . . a nice card . . . lots of kisses and hugs . . . what more could you ask for.

6. Machine - the sewing kind. I'd be lost without my sewing machine. I've managed a space where I can keep it set up so if I get a spare 5 minutes I can quickly sew a seam or two.

7. Macadamia Nuts. A very versatile and delicious Queensland nut. I have a great recipe for macadamia nut loaf. They're ever so yummy in ice cream or coated in chocolate. Half the fun is cracking them open with a hammer without getting your fingers in the road.


8. Melted Ice Cream. It might seem strange but I love to allow my bowl of ice cream to soften, add topping and mix. It's almost like a thick shake but in a bowl and you get to enjoy it for long eating it with a spoon.

9. Mice. This one's a bit tricky. I love the cute kind in their little mouse house running around the wheel or in and out of their little toys. I've always thought I'd like to own a pet mouse. BUT, I don't get on with the outside kind that find there way into my pantry and nibble on things they shouldn't.
10. Milk. As a child I couldn't get enough of it. I still love my milk, just can't bring myself to drink black coffee. Although for some, me included, skim takes the place of full cream.
Thanks Gina, that was fun. If anyone else would like a try, just drop me a comment and I'll send you a letter to play with.
And if you've made it this far, here's a pic I took yesterday.


I've been threatening to pull my zuccini plants out because the fruit just wasn't able to mature. Boy was I surprised when I checked on them yesterday.
Happy Sewing

5 comments:

  1. Oooh Narelle, what fun!!!
    Love your new header...I know I haven't been here in a while...life got nutty...love it though!!
    Zucchini's - did you know you can pollinate them yourself? If there are not enough bees or ants, do it yourslef and you 'll end up with stacks!!
    I love my machine too :D
    hugs to you and thanks for visiting,
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macadamia Nut Loaf sounds wonderful - do you give recipes away? Just thinking about it makes me want to try!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list.
    My dad likes melted ice cream aswell. He puts it in the microwave until it goes runny and then he eats ( or should I say drink) it.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Malaysian Curry sounds like something I'd love to try... Love curry! Do you share recipes? If so, do post! 8-)
    I had zucchini coming out of my ears once...so to speak! One that was hidden grew to about the size of a 9 pound baby! 8-)
    Love your Under the Sea cards, and your Red Delicious block!!! 8-)
    Thanks for your visit to my blog!
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made me hungry now . I wish the outside mice would stay outside .
    clares craftroom

    ReplyDelete