Thursday, 27 November 2008
Monday, 24 November 2008
1. ROCK STAR NAME - Mitzi Triton
2. GANGSTA NAME - Rum & Raison Thong (Flip Flops)
3. NATIVE AMERICAN NAME - Blue Cat
4. SUPERHERO NAME - Purple Bailey's
5. NASCAR NAME - George Edward
6. STRIPPER NAME - Charlie Fudge
7. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME - Bryce Brisbane
8. SPY NAME - Autumn Rose
9. CARTOON NAME - Strawberry Shorts
10. HIPPIE NAME - Sausage Blue Gum
How did I come up with these names? Well the guidelines are
1. first pet name / current car
2. favourite ice cream flavour / favourite type of shoe
3. favourite colour / favourite animal
4. second favourite colour / favourite drink
5. first names of your grandfathers
6. favourite perfume or scent/ favourite candy
7. 5th Grade teacher's last name/ City that starts withthe same first letter
8. favourite season/ favourite flower
9. favourite fruit / an article of clothing you are wearing now
10. what you ate for breakfast / favourite tree
Sunday, 23 November 2008
I can breath again now, my ALQS2 has arrived safetly to the home of Barb. It's always worrying, waiting for them to make their journey far across the seas. Thanks to Kate for organising, it must be such a mammoth task keeping it all running as smoothly as possible.
When the October issue of AP&Q arrived I had a quick thumb through and as soon as I saw this little quilt I thought it would be perfect for my parnter. It was designed by Ruth Buchanan to celebrate Australia's floral emblem the wattle and has lovely yellow Suffolk Puffs. I exchanged the yellow for a burgundy to suit my partners preferences and now I'd like to make another for myself with the yellow this time. Another project for my 'wish list'.
My thoughts have been with those families who have suffered much damage from the raging storms this past week. While we still wait for some good rain to fill the dams and creeks and freshen the grass, we don't want the destructive winds. Nature can be harsh but it can also be beautiful.
I truly admire the photography of some of the girls' blogs I visit and attempt to be better with my own pictures but I have a long way to go. Yesterday afternoon I noticed this view through my kitchen window so grabbed the camera and ran up the back. This is to the South West of us.
This was taken earlier in the week looking to the North East.
My computer is on a 'go slow' this morning so I'll show more photos next post. Time to get sewing.
Sunday, 16 November 2008
This is my table at one of the tidier moments.
We had five very industrious ladies who spent a wonderful weekend sewing, chatting, relaxing and enjoying the good company.
I've still managed to read some blogs and make progess on my #1 item for Finn's Challenge. I might only manage this one, but that's better than still being on the WIP list.
The heat today is something shocking, fingers cross for some good drenching rain tonight.
I feel like there's something else I wanted to share but can't remember now, so there could be another post following soon. I'm off to prepare some hand applique for my November postcard.
Wednesday, 5 November 2008
Monday, 3 November 2008
The frogs are croaking loudly tonight so I hope they know what they're croaking about, we could sure do with some rain. It's been a long time between drinks for the ground.
I should be sewing but my attention span is so short that I'll probably muck it up. So a good nights sleep and a fresh start in the morning will be the best approach.