Sunday 30 December 2007

Last One For 2007

My last post for the year, wow. When I started blogging I set myself the target of blogging once a week and I've come pretty close. I'm continually adding to my list of blogs to view and regularly stare in wonder at the beautiful works pictured.

No sewing here since before Christmas but I have been busy in the sewing room. I've set myself up with a 34cm TV in front of the ironing board and am pleased to say that all my ironing is caught up. I've also been busy ironing fabric scraps and cutting them into various size squares and strips. My containers a filling fast and I still have a way to go. Now I have all these ideas of how to use the squares and strips in small quilts but I'm trying to finish other projects before beginning new ones. Cameron helped me to hang my two narrow jungle wall hangings as well.


I've also measured a wall space for a shelving unit of some sort. My intention is to purchase a number of clear storage boxes and eventually find a home for all sorts, bits and pieces, this and that etc where they can live on the shelf in nice tidy rows. Of course this is probably going to be a long term project but I'm OK with that as long as it keeps progressing.


My picture this week is of dear ol' Santa. He was made a few years ago at craft group and I'm happy to say that he was finished in time to be hung for that Christmas. Santa is done by hand in stem stitch and the piecing and quilting is all machine. Now each year he comes out of storage and hangs about for the festive season.
I'm in need of a small wall hanging to take his place throughout the rest of the year. I'll just add that to my 'to do' list.


Wishing all a healthy and happy 08 filled with family, friends and fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment