Sunday 9 December 2007

Free Motion Quilting Day

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself learning to free motion quilt. Once I got the tension sorted out on my machine I was away. I know I have a long way to go and a lot to learn but I was very pleased with my sample and am itching to do some more practicing, but we all know how life can get in the way.

First we cross-hatched and then we stippled. Then we could try other patterns as we wished. This is Lisa's first attempt at free motion quilting. When she ran out of room on her sample she started going back over.




I realy liked the effect of 'fire', top left sample and also enjoyed the leaves.



One more week of work and then it's holiday time. Or atleast a change of focus. Of course there's Christmas to prepare for and the housework has gotten a little behind lately. And I still have one more patchwork deadline before Christmas.

The weather is so hot at the moment. There's a promise of a storm each day but we're still waiting for it. Hubby and I spent a good part of yesterday getting the pool sorted out. We'd had a problem with worn filter hoses but it's all ship shape and ready for a cool dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment